Traffic disruption warning
Essential road works will start on Sunday to renew a badly worn section of Edlington Lane from the A630 Sheffield Road junction down to the fire station.
Doncaster Council’s director of regeneration and environment, Peter Dale, said: “We acknowledge there are a number of important roadworks taking place across the borough, in particular along Balby Road, and we are doing all we can to minimise disruption for road users.
“Works on Edlington Lane will be outside peak hours and on Sundays and we expect minimal additional impact on Balby Road.
“I urge people to be patient while we undertake these essential works and plan their journeys carefully as more time will be required.”
Work is due to be completed by June and signs advising of traffic restrictions will be in place in advance of the works.
Work will mainly take place between 9am and 3.30pm on weekdays to reduce traffic problems during peak hours, while the road will be closed on Sundays from 7am to 7pm.
Sunday works will include:
- The closure of Edlington Lane from the junction with Low Road West in a southerly direction to the entrance to Warmsworth and Edlington Spiritual Church. This will include all roads that form a junction with Edlington Lane.
- The introduction of a short one way section of road on Low Road West, from its junction with Edlington Lane.
- The suspension of the one way traffic orders for Wrightson Avenue and Cecil Avenue that extend between Edlington Lane and the A630 Sheffield Road.
- The closure of Lords Head Lane at its junction with Broomhouse Lane.
- A signposted diversion in place for motorists.
- Pedestrian routes and access for residents maintained.