Pensioner treated after kitchen fire

A PENSIONER was given oxygen by firefighters after her cooker caught fire.

The blaze started after material, which had been left close to the appliance, caught alight in the Lilian Street home at 11.20am on Sunday.

The woman in her 80s was out of the town centre home by the time crews from Rotherham and Parkway station arrived.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “There was some smoke damage to the kitchen and the crews gave the woman oxygen at the scene.

Paramedics attended but I don’t think she went to hospital”.

Crews left the scene at 12.30pm.