Occupant suffers injuries after first-floor flat fire among host of weekend incidents

Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to tackle the “well developed fire” whilst paramedics gave first aid
Firefighters were called to Park Road, Conisbrough, at 12.32am yesterday (January 22) to deal with a kitchen fire in a first-floor flat. Firefighters were called to Park Road, Conisbrough, at 12.32am yesterday (January 22) to deal with a kitchen fire in a first-floor flat. 
Firefighters were called to Park Road, Conisbrough, at 12.32am yesterday (January 22) to deal with a kitchen fire in a first-floor flat. 

ONE person received treatment for smoke inhalation and burns following a flat fire over the weekend. 

Firefighters were called to Park Road, Conisbrough, at 12.32am yesterday (January 22) to deal with a kitchen fire in a first-floor flat. 

They wore breathing apparatus as they tackled the “well developed fire” while paramedics gave first aid to an occupant who had suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns.

The scene was pronounced safe at around 3.01am.

Fire crews from Dearne, Cudworth and Barnsley were called to a care home on Newsome Avenue, Wombwell, at 6.38am after a heater was left on unintentionally and caused a small fire.

The blaze was out when firefighters arrived at the scene, a spokesperson said.

Another Wombwell fire saw crews from Tankersley, Dearne and Cudworth called to a small cooker hood fire in the property on Mayflower Way, at 11.55am on Saturday.

They used a fire extinguisher to tackle the flames.

Nobody was injured and the fire officers left the scene at 12.28pm.

Earlier that day, firefighters had been dispatched to Nickerwood Drive, Aston, at 12.43am to put out an accidental van fire and spent two hours at the scene.