Fire in Woodhouse Mill was accidental

AN ELECTRICITY box sparked an accidental fire at premises in Woodhouse Mill yesterday (Monday).

Firefighters from Parkway, Aston and Birley Moor stations were called to the accidental blaze on Coalbrook Avenue at 12pm and came away at 1.10pm, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

A car was deliberately set alight at 3.25am on Saturday on Coleridge Road, East Dene, added the spokesperson.

Firefighters from Rotherham tackled the blaze until 3.40am.

Crews from Aston and Rotherham stations were called to a deliberate grassland fire at 5.35pm on Saturday on Reservoir Road, Ulley, the spokesperson said.

The crews came away at 7.25pm.