Chip pan sparks fire in Herringthorpe

A CHIP pan sparked a fire in a kitchen in Herringthorpe yesterday.

Three fire crews from Rotherham and Aston stations were called to a kitchen fire on Dale Avenue at 2.55pm, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

They left the scene at 4.20pm, added the spokesperson. 

A car was deliberately set alight on Lea Brook Lane, Hoober at 4.35am yesterday, the spokesperson said.

Firefighters from Dearne station attended to tackle the fire.


Related topics: