Weather watch at Don Valley

ROTHERHAM United expect to make a decision today on whether tomorrow's game against Torquay United can go ahead.

Falling temperatures have put the match in doubt and with the freeze set to continue into the weekend, ground staff at Don Valley Stadium are working hard to try and avoid a postponement.

Millers manager Andy Scott said: "We have covers on the pitch but they only deal with temperatures down to -2.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"The forecast for the next couple of days isn't great. It was forecast to be -6 last night and tonight and there is snow predicted for tomorrow, but things can change very quickly. We are preparing for the game and the ground staff are doing all they can.

"By this lunchtime we will probably know more and obviously if Torquay travel up today then they are going to have to know before they start moving."