Woman trapped in bedroom dies in fire in Thurnscoe

Woman trapped in bedroom dies in fire in Thurnscoe

By David Parker | 29/12/2021

Woman trapped in bedroom dies in fire in Thurnscoe

A WOMAN died in a fire in a bedroom in Thurnscoe after becoming trapped inside.

Firefighters tried to put out the fire and rescue the woman from a home on Landsdowne Close, at 9.20am on Sunday but despite their best efforts she was pronounced dead at the scene, a spokesperson for the fire service said.

They had found the fire "fully developed" with the woman thought to be trapped inside the bedroom.

The fire has been logged as accidental, the spokesperson added.

“Our thoughts are with the woman’s family and friends at this very sad time,” they added.



Newsletter

Sign up to our weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/