Woman and dog rescued from Conisbrough fire

Woman and dog rescued from Conisbrough fire

By Gareth Dennison | 01/02/2022

Woman and dog rescued from Conisbrough fire

A WOMAN and a dog were rescued from a property in Conisbrough after a kitchen fire.

Firefighters from Dearne, Edlington and Rotherham stations were called to The Oval at 2.22am today.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said: “It is thought that this originated from a frying pan being left unattended on the hob, whilst the occupant fell asleep in the living room. 

“One woman and a dog were rescued from the property and the lady was given treatment for smoke inhalation. This was dealt with by 3.35am.”

Earlier, firefighters from Dearne station were called to Denaby Main, where a settee was on fire beside a house.

The blaze, shortly after midnight on Northumberland Lane, is thought to have been started deliberately.