Wiring fault led to Eastwood house fire

By Gareth Dennison | 15/05/2019

Wiring fault led to Eastwood house fire

A WIRING fault caused a kitchen blaze which spread to the roof of a house in Eastwood.

Firefighters were called to Fitzwilliam Road at 10.30pm last night (Tuesday).

One resident was given treatment after breathing in smoke.

A fire service spokesman said: “The fire started in the kitchen but spread upstairs and into the roof via voids in the wall.”

Crews from Dearne, Maltby and Elm Lane stations were at the scene until 12.20pm and the incident was recorded as accidental.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/