Wheelie bin blaze 'caused by discarded cigarette'

Wheelie bin blaze 'caused by discarded cigarette'

By Gareth Dennison | 25/10/2021

Wheelie bin blaze 'caused by discarded cigarette'

A DISCARDED cigarette caused a wheelie bin blaze which spread to a garage, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said.

Crews from Edlington, Adwick and Dearne stations were called to Pagnell Avenue in Thurnscoe at about 8.10am on Saturday (23).

A spokesperson said: “Upon arrival, they found a wheelie bin on fire in front of a garage. The fire from the bin had begun to spread to the garage and a neighbouring fence. 

“Crews stopped the spread and limited the damage, with the incident being dealt with by 8.51am. 

“It is thought this fire started when the occupier threw a cigarette, thought to be extinguished, into the bin.”


Fill out my online form.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/