Warning after East Herringthorpe grill pan fire

By Antony Clay | 13/11/2017

Warning after East Herringthorpe grill pan fire

FIRE officers have issued a warning about leaving cooking equipment unattended after a grill pan blaze yesterday.

They were called to the incident on Mallory Road in East Herringthorpe at 1.45pm.

A grill pan in the kitchen of a home caught fire.

Firefighters took the pan off the heat and cooled it using a hose reel.

A Fire Service spokesman said: “People should make sure grill pans are clean and not leave them unattended.”

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/