NO driver wants to see their vehicle go up in flames but if it did then the best place for it to happen is probably outside a fire station - which is exactly what happened to one motorist this morning (Tuesday).
The van caught fire on Manvers Way, outside Dearne fire station, at 7.40am and the nearby crew dealt with the incident within 20 minutes.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said the cause of the blaze was accidental.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.