Tumble dryer sparks Mexborough fire

Tumble dryer sparks Mexborough fire

By David Parker | 17/01/2022

Tumble dryer sparks Mexborough fire

A TUMBLE dryer sparked an accidental fire at a building on Mexborough High Street on Saturday.

Firefighters from Edlington and Rotherham stations were called to the accidental blaze at 5.05pm, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

The crews left the scene at 5.55pm.

Firefighters from Edlington were called to an arson attack at the front of a building on St John’s Road in the village at 10.55pm, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

Crews left the scene of the fire, which the spokesperson described as small, at 11.45pm.
 



Newsletter

Sign up to our weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/