Tumble dryer fire in Thorpe Hesley

Tumble dryer fire in Thorpe Hesley

By David Parker | 27/12/2018

Tumble dryer fire in Thorpe Hesley

A TUMBLE dryer fire left a house in Thorpe Hesley smoke-logged on Christmas Day.

Firefighters from Tankersley, Elm Lane and Rotherham stations were called to Sough Hall Crescent at 1.05pm to tackle the fire, a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

Crews managed to contain the fire within the kitchen but the rest of the house was smoke-logged, she added.

Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour and the fire was accidental, said the spokeswoman.

No-one was injured.




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/