THREE fire crews were called to a house fire in Moorgate in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
The blaze broke out in the cellar of a property on Warwick Street just after midnight.
Crews from Aston, Maltby and Rotherham stations attended the smoke-logged scene and used fans to clear out the smoke.
A fire service spokeswoman said no-one was injured and crews left at 1.30am. The cause of the fire was a tumble dryer.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.