Tumble dryer believed to have started garage fire in Broom

Tumble dryer believed to have started garage fire in Broom

By Chloe West | 05/01/2021

Tumble dryer believed to have started garage fire in Broom
The scene on Monday afternoon. Photo credit: Helen Winterton.

A TUMBLE dryer fault is said to have been the cause of a garage fire that happened in Broom yesterday afternoon.

Firefighters from Rotherham and Maltby stations were called to Broom Terrace just after 2.30pm on Monday to a fire in the garage adjoined to a house.

It is believed to have been a tumble dryer fault that started the fire, said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue, adding: "There were no injuries to anyone." 

Crews left the scene at 5.50pm. 

 

 

 




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/