Television caught fire in bedroom

By Gareth Dennison | 20/02/2017

Television caught fire in bedroom

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a television caught fire in a bedroom in Maltby.

Crews from Maltby, Edlington and Aston stations attended Devonshire Road at about 11pm on Sunday.

A deep fat fryer caught fire at a property in Moorgate shortly before 9pm on Saturday.

Firefighters from Rotherham and Dearne stations were called to an annexe building on Whiston Grange.

Crews also dealt with a garden fire which spread to a tree in Whitecroft Crescent, Brinsworth, at about 8pm on Sunday.

Earlier, at about 7.50pm, a Honda Civic was deliberately set alight on Kilnhurst Road in Rawmarsh.

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email
Message us on Facebook