Smoke victim taken to hospital

Smoke victim taken to hospital

By Dave Doyle | 06/02/2012 0 comments

Smoke victim taken to hospital

A MAN had to be taken to hospital after fire engulfed his Mexborough flat.

One crew from Mexborough fire station attended the Conniston Road blaze at around 1am on Saturday. They left the scene shortly after 2am.

The man—said to be in his twenties—received treatment for smoke inhalation. Officers believe that the fire was started accidentally.

FIREFIGHTERS rescued an elderly woman from from her bungalow after an accidental fire started in her kitchen.

Three fire crews attended the home on Saville Road, Wath-upon-Dearne, at about 8.45am on Sunday—two from Dearne fire station and one from Rotherham.

The woman was treated for slight smoke inhalation.


READ MORE

Latest reader pictures.

News

Dearne.

Letters.

Sport.

What's on

Tags


No messages

Please login or register to enter your message click here



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/