Shower caused Sprotbrough bathroom fire

By Gareth Dennison | 05/08/2019

Shower caused Sprotbrough bathroom fire

A WOMAN and child fled a home after a bathroom fire caused by an electric shower.

The accidental blaze happened at Northfield Road in Sprotbrough at 4.30am on Saturday (1).

A fire service spokesman said the pair had escaped safely and the fire was out on arrival.

On Sunday, rubbish was set alight inside a derelict building at Bolton-on-Dearne. 

Firefighters were at Station Road for about 15 minutes from 8.20pm.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/