A FIRE involving a large amount of domestic waste caused damage to a property in Canklow.
Firefighters from Parkway and Rotherham stations attended Rother View Road shortly before 10.30am yesterday (Sunday).
A spokesperson added: “Upon arrival, they found a large amount of domestic waste on fire to the rear of a property, with heat and flames damaging the window and smoke seeping into the house. “This was dealt with by 11.02am and is thought to have started with a garden fire that spread out of control.”
Also yesterday, crews from Rotherham and Maltby attended a kitchen fire on Staple Green in Thrybergh.
The blaze is thought to have been accidental, caused by cooking. Firefighters were there for just over half an hour from 7.15pm.
Elm Lane firefighters dealt with a deliberate industrial bin fire at Sheffield Road in Templeborough at 7.25pm yesterday.
On Saturday, a car was deliberately set alight in a farmer’s field at Dinnington Road in Woodsetts. Crews from Aston Park station attended at 4.07am.