Rogue traders operating in Bramley and Maltby
By Sam Cooper | 06/12/2017
POLICE have issued a warning after rogue traders offering home improvements targeted pensioners in Bramley and Maltby.
South Yorkshire Police sent out an alert advising people living in the areas to be cautious.
A spokesman offered the following advice:
- Lock your back door and close windows before you answer the door
- Use a spy hole and chain to check who the caller is before you answer
- Ask to see the caller’s ID, even if they have made an appointment to see you, and call their company yourself (not on a number they provide) to check they are genuine
- Never leave the door open and unattended — close it until you return
- Ask the caller to return another time when someone can be with you.
The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.
Spotted something we should know about?
Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/