POLICE closed a road in Rawmarsh after a gas leak in a house.
Officers were called to Claypit Lane at around 9.10am on Wednesday, over concerns for the welfare of a 39-year-old man.
The man had reportedly caused damage to a nearby shop and the property itself.
There was a strong smell of gas which police believed to be coming from the flat, so the road was closed at the junction with St Nicolas Road.
A spokeswoman said the gas had been found leaking from a damaged supply outlet and safely shut off.
The 39-year-old man, who was in the house, was taken to hospital at about 11am and the road reopened 20 minutes later.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.