A PROPANE gas cylinder proved an extra difficulty for fire officers tackling a burning garage.
Three fire engines were called to the detached garage on Snowden Way, Brinsworth, this morning (Tuesday) at 7.40am.
A fire service spokesman said: “There was a propane gas cyclinder on site and as is normal for this type of incident they had to spend some time cooling it.”
The spokesman said the fire did not spread to nearby houses and there were no injuries.
Officers started to leave the scene after just over an hour.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.