THIS is the damage caused to a car after a driver sprayed air freshener and then lit a cigarette.
The man had to be taken to hospital following the incident and now the fire service has warned people about the potential dangers.
A crew from Edlington station was called to the scene (pictured) on Sheffield Road, Conisbrough, just after 9am on Saturday, August 26.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said: “The fire was out when firefighters arrived but the explosion had caused significant damage to the vehicle and resulted in the driver being injured.”
She warned people of the dangers of using aerosol cans in confined spaces and advised drivers to ensure their vehicle was well ventilated if they were using smoking materials.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.