Pensioner treated after kitchen fire

By Adele Forrest | 07/08/2017

Pensioner treated after kitchen fire

A PENSIONER was given oxygen by firefighters after her cooker caught fire.

The blaze started after material, which had been left close to the appliance, caught alight in the Lilian Street home at 11.20am on Sunday.

The woman in her 80s was out of the town centre home by the time crews from Rotherham and Parkway station arrived.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “There was some smoke damage to the kitchen and the crews gave the woman oxygen at the scene.

“Paramedics attended but I don’t think she went to hospital”.

Crews left the scene at 12.30pm.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/