Overheated games console causes bedroom fire in Herringthorpe

By Chloe West | 23/01/2020

Overheated games console causes bedroom fire in Herringthorpe

AN OVERHEATING games console was the cause of a fire in Herringthorpe last night. 

A crew from Rotherham fire station was called to Tennyson Road at 10pm. 

The fire, which started in a bedroom but was out on arrival - had been caused by clothes overheating next to a games console, said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

The crew left at 10.45pm. 



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.