Oven fire in Eastwood was accidental

By Chloe West | 01/11/2019

Oven fire in Eastwood was accidental

THREE fire crews attended an oven fire at a house in Eastwood last night (Thursday).

A crew from Rotherham, Elm Lane and Dearne stations were called to Russell Street at 8.15pm.

There were no injuries, said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. 

"The cause of the fire was accidental and crews left the scene just before 9pm," she added. 

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/