'No asbestos risk' from large Kiveton Park fire

'No asbestos risk' from large Kiveton Park fire

By Gareth Dennison | 04/02/2020

'No asbestos risk' from large Kiveton Park fire
Photos by South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue

ASBESTOS at the scene of a large blaze within an industrial building is not deemed to be a risk to the public, the fire service has said.

Six engines were sent to the disused site on Manor Road, Kiveton Park, shortly after 11pm yesterday (Monday).

They have been supported by crews from over the border in Derbyshire and seven crews were still there after 9am today.

Firefighters are expected to remain at the scene for several days. It is believed that the blaze has involved recycling materials.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said: “The Environment Agency has assessed the asbestos at the scene and it is not deemed to be a risk to the public.”


 




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/