Mattress fire in Herringthorpe sparked by smoking materials

Mattress fire in Herringthorpe sparked by smoking materials

By David Parker | 18/10/2018

Mattress fire in Herringthorpe sparked by smoking materials

DISCARDED smoking materials sparked a fire in a bedroom in Herringthorpe yesterday (Wednesday).

Firefighters from Aston, Parkway and Rotherham stations were called to Wordsworth Drive at 8.15pm, a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said, to find a mattress on fire.

No injuries were reported and the fire was started accidentally, she added.

Firefighters left the scene at 9.25pm.

 




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/