A MAN was rescued from his flat by firefighters and taken to hospital after a “serious fire”.
The man, aged in his 40s, was carried out of the bedroom of his second-floor flat on Haverhill Grove, Wombwell, at around 7.30pm on Thursday.
Crews from Dearne, Cudworth and Barnsley attended and a spokesman said it was “a fairly serious fire”.
He added the blaze was caused by cooking which had been left unattended.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.