'Lucky' pensioner escapes kitchen blaze

'Lucky' pensioner escapes kitchen blaze

By Dave Doyle | 07/02/2012 0 comments

'Lucky' pensioner escapes kitchen blaze

AN ELDERLY man was “very lucky” to be outside his home when a pan caught fire and filled his kitchen with smoke, a fire service spokeswoman has said.

Two fire engines from Rotherham fire station attended the man’s bungalow in Victoria Road, Parkgate, at around 8.25pm yesterday after a smoke alarm began sounding.

Firefighters used two breathing sets and one hose reel in extinguishing the fire, which started when the man—said to be in his 80s—left a pan on the stove and went out.

The spokeswoman said that no injuries were sustained and that damage was mostly limited to the effects of smoke.


READ MORE

Why we need Tesco in Rotherham town centre . . . latest lettters.

Reader pictures.

News

Dearne.

Letters.

Sport.

What's on

Tags


No messages

Please login or register to enter your message click here



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/