A TAKEAWAY worker has been banned for life from contacting charity boss Jayne Senior or any of her colleagues.
Faisal Khan (23) was sentenced on Friday for harassing child sexual exploitation whistleblower Mrs Senior, who is chief executive of Swinton Lock Activity Centre, and sending her malicious communications between June 3 to June 25 last year.
Khan, who had admitted the offences at an earlier hearing, was handed a 12-month community order and ordered to pay £200 compensation, £85 victim surcharge and £200 costs.
He was also ordered by the District Judge for Sheffield, Ms Naomi Redhouse, to carry out 60 hours of unpaid work, and attend a 25-day rehabilitation programme.
Khan (pictured), previously of Main Street, Bramley, told the court he now lived in Wellgate.
He said he owned and managed his family's takeaway business, which was walking distance from his home.
Prosecutor Ms Victoria Barker told the previous hearing Khan had sent a series of Facebook messages between June 3 and 25 last year, in which he called the former social worker “racist” and told her to “jump off a bridge”
Ms Redhouse told him: “I'm making the restraining order indefinite.
“I don’t make them very often but in this case there's no reason why it should ever end.
“You are to have no contact directly or indirectly with Jayne Senior or Swinton Lock, except through social services or the family court in relation to child contact.
“And you are not to post any remarks on social media in relation to Jayne Senior or that organisation.
“I hope when you look back you will see how stupid, how hurtful and how frightening your behaviour was.”
Speaking outside court after the hearing, Mrs Senior said Khan’s compensation payment would be used to pay for therapy at the centre, which supports vulnerable adults and children, including victims and survivors of child sexual exploitation, and some health and wellbeing programmes.
She added: “I think we have made a stand for vulnerable people today — that it’s not OK to frighten, intimidate and threaten.”
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.