Kitchen fire in West Melton caused by chopping board error

Kitchen fire in West Melton caused by chopping board error

By David Parker | 11/08/2020

Kitchen fire in West Melton caused by chopping board error

A HOME in West Melton was left smoke-logged after someone left a chopping board on top of an electric hob.

Firefighters from Dearne station were called to Princess Street at 10.22pm on Friday and found a chopping board had been left on an electric hob, not knowing it had been left switched on, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

There was light smoke logging throughout the premises, said the spokesperson.

Firefighters left the scene at 10.45pm and the fire was determined to be accidental.




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/