Jailed Eastwood brothers stripped schoolgirls in wood before abusing them

By Adele Forrest | 30/09/2019

Jailed Eastwood brothers stripped schoolgirls in wood before abusing them
Jailed brothers Mohammed Ahsen and Aftab Hussain

A CONVICTED murderer and his rapist brother stripped two schoolgirls naked in a wood and forced them to perform sex acts, a court was told as the killer was sent down for 18 years for three sex offences.

Details of the crimes committed by Mohammed Ahsen and Aftab Hussain between 1999 and 2001, when they were part of a grooming gang who preyed on vulnerable girls, were outlined at Ahsen’s sentencing on September 13.

Thirty-four-year-old Ahsen, who is serving a life sentence for stabbing club-goer Kimberly Fuller in 2005, admitted two counts of indecent assault in relation to the woodland incident.

He also admitted indecently assaulting a third girl.

Hussain (40) was jailed for 24 years last month for two rapes and two indecent assaults after being convicted alongside five other men following a six-week trial.

Prosecutor Mr Peter Hampton said Ahsen and Hussain had started exploiting the two schoolgirl friends, who were aged 14 to 15, after inviting them to “chill”.

Mr Hampton said: “When they arrived (at the wooded area), the men demanded oral sex. Neither of them (the girls) wanted to perform oral sex but they were threatened and stripped naked.” 

The Eastwood brothers had become angry and forced the girls to walk home after abusing them, Mr Hampton said. 

After that, the girls’ numbers had been passed around and they had been called several times a day, including by other defendants involved in this case, he said.

“They were picked up, taken to takeaways, houses or wooded areas, given alcohol or drugs and expected to perform oral sex,” said Mr Hampton.

Ahsen’s third victim described him as “evil” and said he had been known by the nickname Frankie.

Mr Hampton said Ahsen had taken the girl to a place near Whiston known as Two Mile Lane and forced her to perform a sex act.

“Ahsen was very determined in his pursuit of sexual gratification and threatened violence to get what he wanted,” said the prosecutor.

The girl said in a statement: “When he made me do it, I felt worthless, I used to feel disgusted about myself. I am sure he was 16 and he knew I was 13.”

Sentencing him this month, Judge Michael Slater called Ahsen a “determined sexual predator” who sometimes used violence or threatened his victims.

He said Ahsen had, as a teenager, been “influenced by and involved in a pre-existing criminal culture”.

Two counts of rape were not brought forward by the NCA after the alleged victim died last year and the judge ordered not guilty verdicts to be formally entered.

Ahsen’s latest sentence will run alongside his current life sentence, for which he was ordered to serve a minimum of 17 years after being jailed in 2006.

A sixth man convicted in last month’s trial, who cannot be named, is due to be sentenced at a later date.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/