Incense burner causes downstairs fire at property in Barnsley

Incense burner causes downstairs fire at property in Barnsley

By Chris Brayford | 16/05/2022

Incense burner causes downstairs fire at property in Barnsley
The home owner was lucky to have come away "unharmed" say the Fire Service

A PROPERTY owner was lucky to escape unhurt after an incense burner caught fire at a home in Thurnscoe.

Fire crews were called to Clayton Avenue, Thurnscoe, at around 7.39pm on Saturday.

When they arrived, a room downstairs in the house was well alight.

The fire service said this was caused by an incense burner falling onto a sofa whilst the owner was in bed.

It took over two hours for the fire service to deal with the incident by 10.10pm.

The home owner was checked over by emergency service teams but they were unharmed.