House fire in Sunnyside was accidental

By Chloe West | 01/10/2019

House fire in Sunnyside was accidental

THE cause of a house fire in Sunnyside last night (Monday) was found to be accidental officials say. 

Crews from Maltby and Rotherham fire stations attended the scene in Fleming Gardens at 8.05pm.

"The incident was a cooking-related fire where a hob got turned on accidentally," said a spokesman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

"No-one was injured and the cause of the fire was accidental," he added. 

 

 

 


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/