House fire in Parkgate was accidental

By Chloe West | 30/07/2019

House fire in Parkgate was accidental

A HOUSE fire in Parkgate in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was found to be accidental. 

Fire crews from Rotherham, Dearne and Elm Lane stations attended the blaze in Albert Road at 12.30am and were on scene for an hour and a half.

"The fire was on the ground floor and all persons were accounted for," said a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. "There doesn't look to be any injuries."

The cause of the fire was accidental and the crews left at 2am, added the spokeswoman.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/