Glass bottles cause fire in Thrybergh in 30C heat

By David Parker | 01/07/2019

Glass bottles cause fire in Thrybergh in 30C heat

GLASS bottles sparked a fire in Thrybergh on Saturday as the borough baked in temperatures of up to 30 deg C.

Firefighters from Rotherham, Maltby and Dearne stations were called to Doncaster Road at 11.30am where glass bottles had been left on top of a storage container, a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

“The glass bottles on top of the storage container caught fire because they had been left in direct sunlight,” said the spokesman.

“The fire was out by the time our crews got there and we were at the scene for about 15 minutes.”

Firefighters from Rotherham station were called to an accidental van fire on Beale Way, Parkgate, at 10.30pm on Saturday and used hose reels to put it out, the spokesman said.

Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email
Message us on Facebook

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.