Garden fire in Thurnscoe was accidental

Garden fire in Thurnscoe was accidental

By Chloe West | 21/09/2020

Garden fire in Thurnscoe was accidental

A GARDEN fire in Thurnscoe over the weekend had spread to a nearby shed and outbuilding - but the cause was deemed accidental. 

Firefighters from Adwick were called to Hanover Street at 8.02pm on Saturday.

The crew had found a garden fire that had started to spread to a garage and other outbuilding, said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

''The fire was put out just after 8.30pm and caused some damage to the nearby windows and guttering,'' added the spokeswoman.

''It is thought to have started accidentally by a garden brazier.''




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/