FIRE crews were called to a takeaway in Mexborough yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
The accidental blaze was in the fryer at the Ocean Chippy on Main Street.
One man was treated for the effects of breathing in smoke, the fire service said.
Crews were at the scene from about 5pm until 6.45pm.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.