A ROTHERHAM couple got a rude awakening when they heard a loud bang on their door in the early hours of the morning — and were shocked to find a fox with a container stuck on its head struggling on their doorstep.
The RSPCA was alerted to the incident and said in a tweet this morning (Thursday) that it had been "a tricky job" to cut the container off the fox's head but it was eventually released, uninjured and "very lively".
The RSPCA has been contacted for more information.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.