FIREFIGHTERS attended several deliberate blazes on Bonfire Night.
One crew from Maltby attended Woodseats Road, North Anston, between 9.25pm and 9.50pm and put out fly-tipped rubbish, which was alight.
Staff from Cudworth station were called to Montgomery Road, Wath, between 9.50pm and 10.35pm.
There they put out a recycling bin which was alight in the open.
Rotherham station dealt with a skip fire on Woodside Walk, Musborough, between 3.20am and 3.50am today.
Firefighters also attended Markham Road in Edlington on Saturday evening between 6.50pm and 7.55pm and put out a building fire, thought to have been started by a stray firework.
The blaze started after the rocket landed in a coal bunker full of clothes, a South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.