Fire caused by out-of-control log burner

By David Parker | 04/02/2019

Fire caused by out-of-control log burner

AN OUT-of-control log burner started a fire in Wath on Saturday.

Firefighters from Dearne and Rotherham stations were called to Sandymount Road at 6.15pm and were at the scene for around half-an-hour, a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

"There were no injuries and the fire was started by a log burner accidentally," she added.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/