A FIRE broke out in the bedroom of a Rawmarsh family home on Saturday morning.
Two crews from Rotherham station and another from Dearne attended the scene on Haugh Road at 9.15am.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said at least two adults and a child were understood to have been in the property, but the investigation was still ongoing.
"The fire was started in a bedroom and there was a young child in the property," said the spokeswoman.
Paramedics treated the occupants for smoke inhalation but no further information was held, she added. Firefighters left the scene at 11.20am.
"The cause of the fire has gone down as deliberate but it was not a malicious act," the spokeswoman said.