Fire after electric kettle put on hob at Edlington

By Gareth Dennison | 13/11/2019

Fire after electric kettle put on hob at Edlington

A FIRE in a kitchen in Edlington was caused by an electric kettle being put on a gas hob.

Firefighters were called to St Mary’s Road at about 6.45pm yesterday (Tuesday).

A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said the blaze was confined to the kettle.

She added: “Smoke alarms raised the alarm and firefighters from Edlington and Doncaster fire stations responded.”

Later, fly-tipped rubbish was set alight at Townend Avenue in Dalton at about 10.30pm.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.