Faulty wiring caused airing cupboard fire in Kimberworth

By Chloe West | 20/01/2020

Faulty wiring caused airing cupboard fire in Kimberworth

A HOUSE fire in Kimberworth was caused by faulty wiring in an airing cupboard, fire officials say. 

Fire crews from Rotherham, Elm Lane and Tankersley Fire Stations spent an hour putting out the blaze in Bradgate Lane on Saturday after being called out just before 10am.

The airing cupboard fire was believed to have been caused by faulty wiring, said a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.  

No-one was hurt, she added.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/

The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.