Faulty light causes Aston shed blaze

Faulty light causes Aston shed blaze

By David Parker | 03/06/2020

Faulty light causes Aston shed blaze

TWO sheds were damaged in a fire in Aston last night (Tuesday) which is believed to have been caused by a faulty light.

Firefighters from Rotherham and Central stations were called to Wesley Avenue at 11.20pm and were at the scene until 12.55am, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

"It is believed to be an accidental fire started by a faulty light in one of the sheds," added the spokesperson.

Firefighters from Elm Lane station tackled an accidental hedge fire on Scholes Lane, Scholes, at 12.55am for 25 minutes, the spokesperson said.

An outhouse, fence and bench were involved in an accidental fire on Woodside Walk, Munsbrough, at 2.45am today.

Firefighters from Rotherham station were at the scene until 3.45am, the spokesperson said.




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/