Extractor hood caused West Melton kitchen fire

By Gareth Dennison | 11/03/2019

Extractor hood caused West Melton kitchen fire

A KITCHEN blaze in West Melton was caused by a faulty extractor hood, the fire service said.

Crews from Dearne and Tankersley stations were called to Melton High Street at 1.10pm yesterday (Sunday).

They put out the fire and cleared smoke from the semi-detached property before leaving after about an hour.

Later, at about 11.50pm, firefighters dealt with a deliberate rubbish fire under a bridge at Old Sheffield Road in Canklow.
 


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/