Discarded cigarette leads to flat fire

By Adele Forrest | 11/07/2017

Discarded cigarette leads to flat fire

A DISCARDED cigarette sparked a flat fire.

Firefighters were called to a property on Lord Street, Clifton, at around 10.20pm on Monday.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said the blaze was contained to one bedroom and no-one was in the property at the time of the blaze.

Crews from Rotherham, Maltby and Dearne were at the scene for around two hours.

Meanwhile, arsonists torched a pile of wood cuttings on Dowcarr Lane, Harthill, at around 11.20pm.

A crew from Aston station left the scene just after midnight.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/