COOKING-related incidents caused fires at properties in Kimberworth and Maltby over the weekend.
Crews from Rotherham and Elm Lane stations were called to a house in Claremont Street, Kimberworth,at 1.25pm on Saturday and were at the scene for 20 minutes, said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.
"The fire was caused by a pan left unattended on a cooker," she added.
A similar incident occured at a flat in Stone Park Close, Maltby, at 2.15am yesterday (Sunday) and crews from Maltby and Edlington stations were at the scene for around half an hour.
"Both incidents were put down as accidental and no-one was injured in either incident," the spokeswoman added.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.